Menabue Antonio has headed a company operating in the rental of mobile cranes and aerial working platforms since 1998. His nation-wide business, based in Modena, manages a fleet of about 50 machines.
1. Hello Antonio, given the wide scope of operations of your company , what is your policy regarding your competitors? Do you present to the market an image of company that understands the nature of the competition and that is proactive?
We try to be competitive on price and of course on the quality of the service. I endeavour to obtain the best products available in the sector, and then ensure that my customers benefit from the same quality.
2. How has the market evolved recently?
People want to spend less but still want the best platforms. It may seem a contradiction but today this is the reality. Quality without breaking the bank.
3. How is the assistance service provided for your customers?
We have our own mechanical team and the support of CTE Service Dept. Our service is provided 7 days a week because we have major clients, such as Ferrari, which may require 24 to 24 hours of rental assistance.
4. How big is your fleet?
Our fleet has 50 platforms, including articulated truck- mounted and self-propelled machines. The maximum working height of our platforms is up to 23 metres.
5. What type of machines do you own?
CTE ZED truck- mounted platforms and Genie self-propelled aerial platforms, vertical GS, S self-propelled telescopic, self-propelled articulated Z, and AWP lifts.
6. What is your “recipe for success” – what values are important in your daily work?
The most important values for us are: immense effort, accuracy, fairness, and dedication. We try to be as close as possible to our customers, always ready to serve their needs and being highly professional.
7. How many CTE platforms do you own?
47 CTE platforms (zed and genie) out of a total of 50.
8. What were the reasons for purchasing CTE platforms?
First I tried other brands, then, while testing certain platforms CTE I realized that there was no comparison with other brands, I immediately felt good about them. Initially I rented Venpa platforms from CTE. The machines have always been excellent and I’ve always been very satisfied, so I decided to buy them and rent them myself to my clients.
9. What characteristics make CTE platforms winners?
Reliability, low maintenance, functionality, and most require little assistance from us
10. What do your its customers want in a platform? What is driving their choice, today?
Many seek the Genie brand. The majority of customers rent aerial platforms for small indoor items or for the ceramics sector. The most popular platforms are the self-propelled articulated Genie Z-45 make with an average height of 16 metres.
11. Renting is your profession, but what are your hobbies?
For years I have loved to make balsamic vinegar. I buy the must and then, after years of maturation (even up to20 years) in special barrels, I wait, and I then personally take charge of the transformation into vinegar.
12. Is there anything in common between your hobbies and your work?
13. What is the greatest satisfaction you have experienced both in the workplace and at home?
Business: clients who speak well of my company and are pleased with our products.
Private: the balsamic vinegar that I produce personally.
More info about MB Menabue: www.mbmenabue.it