In this issue we have interviewed Mr Mirco Squarta from Gavarini Locazioni in Perugia, Italy
1. What is your main activity?
We deal hire of road construction machinery.
2. When did you start?
We started 18 years ago.
3. How did your company evolved in these last years?
We have always been careful to integrate and diversify continuously new types of equipment and accessories in the rental fleet.
4. Where do you work?
Typically we work with customers and on building sites in Umbria and central Italy, but often move throughout Italy and, even if minimally, abroad.
5. What is your policy regarding your competitors? Do you present to the market an image of company that understands the nature of the competition and that is proactive?
We dedicate our attention to the service of the CUSTOMER. We are always ready to provide more services to our customers, avoiding to establish business relationships with them in unfavorable conditions.
6. How has the market evolved recently?
The market of new machines is certainly in sharp decline while we see some movement on second-hand machines market, that we have fortunately thanks to the large rental fleet in constant renewal.
7. How is the assistance service provided for your customers?
This year we doubled the internal surface of the workshop, with five specialized technical training in theoretical / practical about the products we sell and two generic maintainers. In addition we have four support vehicles equipped and self-sufficient to fully satisfy customer demands.
8. How big is your fleet?
We have a fleet of about 160 cars and 80 accessories that allow us to reach a wide variety of configurations.
9. What type of machine do you own?
About 60% of the fleet is made up of earth-moving machinery and road (like excavators), about 20% of aerial working platforms (self-propelled from 6 to 21 m of working height, truck-mounted, scissors, track-mounted like spiders. The last 20% is made up of machinery for energy production.
10. What is your “recipe for success” – what values are important in your daily work?
“CUSTOMER SERVICE” is our key concept, then we try to suggest customers on the most suitable machine only for the time actually needed. In addition, we seek to stand out from the crowd with new products and niche in the respect of our party.
11. How many CTE platforms do you own?
About 20 CTE aerial platforms (self-propelled Genie, spiderlift Traccess, truck-mounted ZED).
12. What characteristics make CTE platforms winners?
Surely CTE is recognized as a leader for this equipment. We then give great importance to the relationship with our CTE area manager, Mr Giovanni Sabbatani.
13. What do your customers want in a platform? What is driving their choice, today?
Customers search reliability in general and definitely precision. Then the integrity of the machinery and the certainty of having immediate action, if necessary.