Best sellers truck-mounted models will show a new design, focused on users comfort and safety
As a result of regulatory changes effectively February 1st, 2015 with the new EN 280:2013, CTE last December 2014 launched on the market the new version of the best sellers ZED truck-mounted platforms with a new name and an innovative design: ZED 21 JH and ZED 23 JH evolve to ZED 21.2 JH and ZED 23.2 JH (where the “dot two” underlines the new versions). With these upgrades, CTE aims to re-engineer excellence for truck-mounted platforms and, compared to the previous version, with unchanged capacity in the basket for ZED 23.2 JH (230 kg), and still best-in-class ZED 21.2 JH capacity (280 kg). With both models, CTE reaches a load capacity in the basket at the top of the market.
EVER CHANGING RULES: in a constantly changing and challenging market, new EURO 5 and EURO 6 emissions regulations have driven chassis manufacturers to increase weight for some trucks elements, like exhaust systems, and therefore pushing MEWP manufacturers to redesign their machine to achieve the homologation limit of 3.500 kg in driving condition. CTE, second to none for innovation capabilities, has completely redesigned the aerial platform and subframe, pushing the limits of the high strength steel supplied by the worldwide market leader SSAB; this effort has produced two new brand new platforms with a total weight of less than 3,350 kg. Moreover, in order to fully comply to the EN 280:2013, CTE was able to keep almost untouched the nominal load of the platform, despite the important technical changes to ensure greater safety to operators.
INNOVATIONS: CTE has redesigned structural and non-structural components in a more user-friendly way, performing and conforming to safety standards for the operator.
• Aerial platform new design: using thinner SSAB Docol steel, CTE was able to ensure great stability at height for the operator with a lighter structure.
• Re-designed turret: the platform turret has been completely redesigned, improving rigidity and aesthetic despite the use of thinner steel.
• New rotary actuator for basket rotation: 90° + 90° basket rotation system with Moveco Rotary Actuator is now standard on jib platforms, taking advantage of the proven technology in use on CTE spiders to ensure an easy-to-use and stable working platform.
• Re-design basket load cell: derived from CTE High Range platforms, provides a much more accurate reading of the basket load and therefore greater safety and use reliability.
• Anti-crunching protection for operator hands: meeting the requirement of the EN 280:2013, the handrail of the basket now presents a double bar protecting operator and passenger hands during aerial maneuvers.
• Deadman switch (pedal) in the basket: complying to EN 280:2013 requirements, CTE will add a switch (pedal) to enable aerial maneuvers from basket preventing continued involuntary movements (now standard on all CTE platforms).
• Duplicated ground control station with wired console: thanks to the innovative design of the ground control station, the platform bodywork is now completely empty and flat. A wired console allows the movement of the aerial platform, from the ground, improving safety when operated. The system provides full visibility of aerial operations in favor of safety and comfort of use. The second control station meets the requirements of the EN 280:2013 duplicating security controls already present in the basket with also the presence of the emergency and the start / stop engine switches. Moreover, it meets the requirements of control station selection when the remote control is inserted in the control panel of the platform.
• 230 and 280 kg capacity without limitations: as for all former ZED models the fixed stabilization allows the full outreach with full capacity on 360 degrees of turret rotation.
• Boom resting support switch with contactless sensors: as per EN 280:2013 requirements, the detection system of the “ready-for-transport” status utilizes contactless technology with two encoded sensors that prevent tampering and therefore the use in un-safe driving conditions.
• New basket access ladder (ZED 23.2 JH only): a totally new folding aluminum ladder for the basket with a new design has been added.
• Innovative chassis: thanks to the innovative design of the boxed multi-folded subframe, CTE has added a new milestone in history of ZED chassis. Lightness and stiffness come together in a structure that guarantee the best performance to the complement platform superstructure. During the design of the subframe, CTE was able add an aesthetic touch with renewed octagonal plates and multi-folded stabilizers.
• Aluminum basket: totally redesigned, the octagonal aluminum basket reduce the platform weight compared to the previous models, without compromising strength and ease of access and making it even easier to repair in case of small impacts.
The introduction of these two new models confirms in full the CTE philosophy Work Becomes Easy of engineering and manufacturing innovative products, user-friendly for operators without compromising safety nor reliability.
In front of the most important regulatory innovation of the last decade in the MEWP sector, CTE products confirm without exception the excellence in performance, attention to user needs and to safety while working at height.