In a constantly changing and challenging market, new EURO 5 and EURO 6 emissions regulations have driven chassis manufacturers to increase weight for some trucks elements, like exhaust systems, and therefore pushing MEWP manufacturers to redesign their machine to achieve the homologation limit of 3,500 kg of weight in driving condition. CTE has completely redesigned the aerial platform and subframe, pushing the limits of the high strength steel supplied by the worldwide market leader SSAB; this effort has produced a brand new platform with a total weight of less than 3,350 kg.
• Aerial platform design: using thinner SSAB Docol steel 2 mm, CTE was able to ensure great stability at height for the operator with a lighter structure.
• Rotary actuator for basket rotation: 90° + 90° basket rotation system with Moveco Rotary Actuator is now standard on jib platforms, taking advantage of the proven technology in use on CTE spiders to ensure an easy-to-use and stable working platform.
• Re-designed turret: the platform turret has been completely redesigned, improving rigidity and aesthetic despite the use of thinner steel.
• Re-design basket load cell: derived from CTE High Range platforms, provides a much more accurate reading of the basket load and therefore greater safety and use reliability.
• Anti-crunching protection for operator hands: meeting the requirement of the EN 280:2013, the handrail of the basket now presents a double bar protecting operator and passenger hands during aerial maneuvers.
• Deadman switch (pedal) in the basket as a standard configuration: CTE add a switch (pedal) to enable aerial maneuvers from basket preventing continued involuntary movements.
• Duplicated ground control station with wired console: thanks to the innovative design of the ground control station, the platform bodywork is now completely empty and flat. A wired console allows the movement of the aerial platform, from the ground, improving safety when operated. The system provides full visibility of aerial operations in favor of safety and comfort of use. The second control station meets the requirements of the EN 280:2013 duplicating security controls already present in the basket with also the presence of the emergency and the start / stop engine switches. Moreover, it meets the requirements of control station selection when the remote control is inserted in the control panel of the platform.
• 280 kg capacity without limitations: the fixed stabilization allows the full outreach with full capacity on 360 degrees of turret rotation.
• Boom resting support switch with contactless sensors: as per EN 280:2013 requirements, the detection system of the “ready-for-transport” status utilizes contactless technology with two encoded sensors that prevent tampering and therefore the use in un-safe driving conditions.
• Innovative chassis: thanks to the innovative design of the boxed multifolded subframe, CTE has added a new milestone in history of ZED chassis. Lightness and stiffness come together in a structure that guarantee the best performance to the complement platform superstructure. During the design of the subframe, CTE was able add an aesthetic touch with renewed octagonal plates and multifolded stabilizers.
• Aluminum basket: totally redesigned, the octagonal aluminum basket reduce the platform weight compared to the previous models, without compromising strenght and ease of access and making it even easier to repair in case of small impacts.
The introduction of this model confirms in full the CTE philosophy Work Becomes Easy of engineering and manufacturing innovative products, user-friendly for operators without compromising safety nor reliability.
In front of the most important regulatory innovation of the last decade in the MEWP sector, CTE products confirm without exception the excellence in performance, attention to user needs and to safety while working at height.
With the aim of making compliance with EN280:2013, ZED 21.2 JH is the first of a more performing and safer platforms in the well known articulated truck-mounted range ZED.
The introduction of a duplicated ground control station with wired console increases easiness of use and safety thanks to the improved visibility for the operator while maneuvering the platform from the ground.
ZED 21.2 JH is the smaller platform with jib of our existing and worldwide known range, and thanks to the introduction of the new features mentioned above it has become even more versatile.