INTERVIEW to Mr Piet De Craemer, rental manager of DUMA-Rent, Belgium:
1. What is your main activity?
We deal with rental equipment for construction and industry.
2. When did you start?
We started with our rental activities in 2008 in France and then in 2011 we started the rental business in Belgium too.
3. How did your company evolve in these last years?
We doubled the rental fleet in the last 5 years with now more than 1400 machines.
4. Where do you work?
We rent all over Belgium and also in the North of France, shortly we’ll start also nearby Paris with a depot.
5. What is your policy regarding your competitors? Do you present to the market an image of company that understands the nature of the competition and that is proactive?
We work with new machines with our own service team and transport, so we are a very reliable partner for our customers.
6. How has the market evolved recently?
The range of machines is lager now, this is bringing more solutions for the worksite.
7. How is the assistance service provided for your customers?
We have our own service team who can give telephonic assistance. If there are problems with familiarization, we can send a person to explain the machine on site. In case that the problem can not be solved by phone, we send a service technician to the worksite.
8. What is your “recipe for success” – what values are important in your daily work?
Doing our best for the customer and being reactive to his demand. And we are also bringing different solutions (like in our slogan).
9. How big is your fleet?
We own more than 1400 machines.
10. What type of machine do you own?
Our fleet is composed of forklifts, boom lifts, telehandlers, spidercranes, cranes, loaders, dumpers.
11. How many CTE platforms do you own?
Now we own 20 CTE units of which 15 CTE B-LIFT 18 JHV and 5 CTE ZED 20.3 HV.
12. What is the feature that has driven you to choose CTE platforms?
We pay attention to the working height of the machine and its weight, then to extra options for our customers’ needs.
13. What characteristics make CTE platforms winners?
The important features of CTE B-LIFT and CTE ZED range, like the design and the capacity in the basket.
14. What do your customers want in a platform? What is driving their choice, today?
The customer wants a machine reliable, easy to use and that allows smooth movements.