In this issue we’ve interviewed Mr Antonio Montelatici from CENTRO EDILE in Florence.
In the picture, from the right, the owner of Centro Edile Mr Antonio Montelatici and his dog Hilda, and on the right Mr Andrea Battaglia from CTE Logistic dept.
1. What is your main activity?
We sell and rent machinery and equipment for the construction industry.
2. When did you start?
We started in 1986, so this year we are celebrating 30 years of our activity.
3. How did your company evolve in these last years?
The times are always changing, technology and standards evolve, but for thirty years we assure service and quality through machines and equipment leaders.
4. Where do you work?
We work through all the Tuscany region in Italy, and as far as spare parts are concerned, we deal in all the country.
5. What is your policy regarding your competitors? Do you present to the market an image of company that understands the nature of the competition and that is proactive?
In our area (city of Florence, Prato and Pistoia) there are about 30 competitors. We differ from them for the right price / quality ratio and for the attention to our staff training, with the aim of assisting in the best way our customers.
6. How has the market evolved recently?
Unfortunately, the market in recent years is in recession, in our opinion the important thing now is to keep our market share.
7. How is the assistance service provided for your customers?
We provide service through direct assistance with 1 workshop, 2 workers and 2 service trucks. Beside, a indirect service with 1 service point work-shop, 3 workers and 3 service trucks is available. Both direct and indirect staff attend updating courses organised by the brands we distribute.
8. How big is your fleet?
We own 250 units.
9. What type of machine do you own?
Truck-mounted platforms, track-mounted platforms (spiderlifts), Self-propelled platforms, Scissors, Mini excavators, Excavators, Skid Steer, Road Rollers and Compactors, Dumpers Concrete, Telescopic Forklift, Dump Truck and Mini Dumper, Trucks, Generators and Motor welding sets, Compressors, Asphalt Cutters, Motor pumps, Monoblock and Chemical Toilet.
10. What is your “recipe for success” – what values are important in your daily work?
Maybe I repeat myself, but our two main values are service and quality.
11. How many CTE platforms do you own?
12. What do your customers like in CTE platforms?
Quality, reliability, easy to use and over all the after-sales service.
13. What characteristics make CTE platforms winners?
In our opinion, in every field of work.
14. What do your customers want in a platform? What is driving their choice, today?
Easy to use, low failure risk, compactness. These features are the CTE platforms features.